My name is Cory Kosche. I am a student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA spending a semester immersing myself in the cultures of South America.

So here I am. In South America. I spent my first two months teaching English in Cusco, Peru and now I´m participating in two programs through Child Family Health International.

The first month I will spend doing ¨Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine¨in La Paz and the second month with ¨Doing More With Less-Healthcare in Remote Southern Bolivia¨ in Tarija, Bolivia.

I´m keeping this blog so that you can read about my travels through the country of Bolivia, read some advice and travelling tips, and to share what I have learned.

If you want to read about something specific, use the labels to the right, I've organized the trip into Tarija and La Paz, as well as specific aspects.

If you want to start from the beginning, Click Here

If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to Email Me





Worlds Most Dangerous Road / La Senda Verde / Coroico

This past weekend I visited the World's Most Dangerous Road! It's a mountain biking trail and one of the most popular attractions near la Paz. I went with a company called Adrenalin Barro Biking. I only paid 500Bs which is cheaper than some of the really popular tourist companies. However I heard about some of my friends visiting some sort of monkey reserve at the bottom, so I told the lady at the tour agency I wanted to see them. And she told me the only way was to either spend the night in the nearby town of Coroico and return in the morning, or stay in a treehouse at the animal reserve. Obviously a ridiculous question. Treehouse it was.

So I left early Saturday morning for the biking trip. SO FUN!!! It was my first time mountain biking and I was surprised at how easy it was to navigate the road. The first section is paved and it was freezing cold and foggy and I was wet and frozen and flying down a road and loving it all. Then you reach the unpaved deadly road part and we had gorgeous sunshine in one of the most gorgeous valleys I've seen. The road is full of breathtaking views and lots of fun times. We end at some luxury hotel a few thousand meters down in the valley and eat lunch and take a shower.
The bus then dropped me off at La Senda Verde animal reserve.

Best experience of my life.


The place is full of monkeys just hangin out and there's a cayman and two bears and a toucan and turtles and a boa and macaws and those blue macaws that have a different name and parrots and geese and dogs.
The monkeys and birds are free to fly around and everything else has it's own pen.
I was literally staying in a treehouse and playing with monkeys for a day and a half. I was planning on visiting the nearby tourist town of Coroico but how could a tourist town possibly compare to playing with monkeys.
I left in the afternoon the next day and took a taxi to Coroico to catch a mini bus back to La Paz.

INCREDIBLE WEEKEND.




No comments:

Post a Comment